As part of the government’s reforms around special educational needs (SEN) and with the introduction of the new code of Practice in September 2014, local authorities are required to publish a local offer showing the support available to disabled children and young people and those with SEN and their families and carers.
Please find below our report that outlines the support for SEN that you can expect from us at Oakfield:
SEND and Inclusion Policy - Pending Governor Approval
Special Education and Inclusion Information Report
Oakfield Schools Federation – Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator: Mrs Simpson
The schools are not fully accessible to children with physical difficulties as both schools are built on a steeply sloped site and there are many steps and stairs. Disabled Access to the school playing field is limited.
The following facilities are available for pupils and their parents/carers with physical difficulties:
- Disabled parking bays
- Accessible toilets – at ground level at Oakfield Infant School and at ground and first floor level at
- Oakfield Junior School
- Induction loop for hearing aid users
- Contrast edging and dual height rails on internal/external stairs – Oakfield Infant School
- Contrast edging on external stairs – Oakfield Junior School
- Accessible break area
- Accessible dining area
- A private room for administration of medication
A risk assessment is carried out and personal evacuation plan will be drawn up for all pupils with physical difficulties. All staff working with the student will be made aware of the plan. We have an Accessibility Policy which is available on this website.